We know that there are several options for compression socks on the market, and many people ask us: How do I know which one is right for my need? The most important step is to define which compression has indication for use, as it is like the dosage of a medication using the correct compression you guarantee the efficiency in the treatment or prevention.
WHOLESALE COMPRESSION SOCKS FOR PREVENTION
15-20 mmHg - Ideal for day-to-day use on long journeys and for post-workout recovery, the socks with this compression help to improve circulation without tightening your legs too much, they are manufactured in a wide variety of media to match all styles.
Prevention socks have the softest compression, between 10 and 20 mmHg. They are recommended for people who work a lot of time standing or sitting, for those who make long trips and also for those who already feel some symptoms of circulation problems in their legs and want to reduce discomfort.
These discomfort can be a feeling of heavy and tired leg at the end of the day, as well as cramps, tingling, numbness and swelling. All of them being the result of a whole day without moving properly or lack of regular exercise. Overweight, sedentary people with anemia are more susceptible to these symptoms.
The purpose of preventive compression socks is to prevent the user from the appearance of varicose veins , thrombosis and reduce fatigue in the legs of people who need to stay in the same position for a long time. In addition, mild varicose diseases can also be treated with mild compression.
WHOLESALE COMPRESSION SOCKS FOR TREATMENT
Compression socks for treatment, on the other hand, are those with more than 20 mmHg of pressure: medium (20-30 mmHg), high (30-40 mmHg) and very high (above 40 mmHg).
They are always recommended by a doctor who, according to the symptoms and conditions of the skin and veins, will recommend the most appropriate compression.
Wholesale medium compression socks
20-30 mmHg - Ideal for varicose veins, spider veins, swollen legs (edema), and for post varicose vein surgery. You are not required to have any of the above symptoms to make use of the 20-30 mmHg compression. People looking for more support than 15-20 mmHg socks, usually start using 20-30 mmHg socks.
Medium compression socks for edema without changes in the skin
Medium compression socks for edema with hyperpigmentation changes
Medium compression socks for thrombophlebitis
Medium compression socks for post-sclerotherapy
WHOLESALE HIGH COMPRESSION SOCKS
30-40 mmHg - This higher compression is recommended for Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT), Lymphedema, Swollen Legs (edema), Varicose Veins (severe) and for post surgery.
"mmHg" is a medical abbreviation that corresponds to "millimeter of mercury", which in turn is the unit of measurement of a pressure. It is the same unit of measurement as a pressure gauge. Compression socks use an interval for how much pressure you will exert on your leg, as the compression changes depending on your measurements.
Now, with the compression set, you will choose the type of compression stocking, it can vary according to the region most affected to be treated.
High compression socks for edema with hyperpigmentation changes
High compression socks for post-deep vein thrombosis
High compression socks for post-surgical
WHOLESALE CALF 3/4 COMPRESSION SOCKS
Compression socks, type 3/4, are socks that go below the knee. Some compression socks because they are elastic can pass that height (please do not do this). If this happens, you should adjust the sock so that it is in the correct position, otherwise, depending on the severity, it may aggravate its condition.
WHOLESALE HALF THIGH 7/8 COMPRESSION SOCKS
Compression socks of the type 7/8, are socks that cover almost the entire leg, go up to the upper thigh, almost in the groin. They are made for people who need to improve circulation throughout their leg.
WHOLESALE PANTYHOSE / MATERNITY COMPRESSION SOCKS
Compression Socks of the type Pantyhose and Pregnant Pantyhose, are socks that go to the waist covering the entire leg reaching to the waist being in the case of the Maternal line it has a belly adjustment to accompany the growth.
Pantyhose in general have the same "functions" as 7/8, but are more suitable for people who have a greater flaccidity and need a sock that covers the entire leg, also suitable for people who do not feel "safe" and or comfortable with the 7/8 socks. It is important to say that the Half Pants in general have compression only up to the upper part of the thigh.
In order for you to choose correctly, you must ask yourself which leg region is most "affected". In cases where the affected region is located below the knee, consider that a 3/4 sock will be sufficient. If the most "affected" region is located above the knee, consider that a 7/8 sock or even a pantyhose is more appropriate.
WHOLESALE UNISEX COMPRESSION SOCKS
Day-to-Day Style, opaque, casual compression socks are more common, are ideal for men and women, are comfortable to wear, easy to put on and are strong enough to provide the exact compression for your legs. Unisex compression socks with this style are more durable and resistant.
WHOLESALE FEMALE TRANSPARENT SOCIAL COMPRESSION SOCKS
The transparent compression socks are elegant, light and give an air of sophistication. Ideal for women who prioritize elegance and sophistication, without giving up the care of compression.
WHOLESALE MALE SOCIAL COMPRESSION SOCKS
Male social compression socksare elegant, stylish and comfortable. Available only in some brands, these socks combine with the modern MAN who seek to take care of your HEALTH with great elegance.
WHOLESALE SPORTS COMPRESSION SOCKS
SPORTS compression socks are ideal for practicing physical activities, and can also be used for any case where 15-20 mmHg or 20-30 mmHg compression is required. They are manufactured in a more robust way so that it can have a longer durability.
In general, sports compression socks are manufactured only in compressions 15-20 mmHg and 20-30 mmHg can be used.
ADVANTAGES OF COMPRESSION SOCKS
- They provide a comfortable feeling of light legs during the day.
- They improve the circulation of blood in the legs by its action of putting constant and consistent pressure on the legs , helping the blood to flow smoothly back to the heart (better venous return).
- They are indispensable if the person spends a lot of time in a standing or sitting position . When traveling, whether by car, plane or bus, compression socks help prevent the formation of blood clots that can occur even in people with healthy veins.
- Wearing compression socks during daily exercises or on a walking tour favors muscle development , since the muscles have to make an extra effort to overcome external pressure.
- There are several aesthetically modern models that look like ordinary socks. Example of Medi's Mediven Elegance compression socks.
- There are exclusive models for women and men
DISADVANTAGES OF COMPRESSION SOCKS
- Compression socks require an adaptation period. As previously mentioned, it is advisable to put them on in the morning after getting up. In the first week of adaptation it can be used until noon. In the second week until 2 pm. In the third week until 4pm. From the fourth week on, the person can stay all day with the compression socks.
- You should never sleep with compression socks . They compress the arterial circulation when the person is lying down which can cause serious injuries to the lower limbs.
- Compression socks need to be replaced periodically to ensure their therapeutic effectiveness. After a few months of use, the compression socks need to be changed. If used daily, they last on average 4 to 6 months.
- You can't wear other people's compression socks: one of the biggest mistakes is using someone else's compression socks. The socks should be seen as a personal and non-transferable medicine, which must always be prescribed by the doctor.
- Compression socks always require the removal of various measurements of the foot, leg, thigh and waist (in the case of the compression leotard model). They cannot be selected just by the size of the foot. In addition, socks with the wrong measurements can bring more problems and complications.
- Users may feel very hot when wearing compression socks , because they are tight and this can happen especially on hot summer days.
- The use of compression socks for varicose veins can have side effects, discomfort in the legs and irritated and dry skin of the legs . These problems arise more frequently when the socks you are using are already used, wrinkled, worn, little stretched, or when the size used is incorrect.
HOW LONG SHOULD I WEAR THE SOCK FOR?
To obtain the best therapeutic results, compression socks must be worn every day!
It is advisable to put on compression socks in the morning when getting up, right after the shower, since the legs are not swollen at this time of day.
Do not overuse for 24 hours, or all day. You should remove your socks every day and carefully observe your legs and feet to confirm that there are no signs of irritation or other problems.
If you notice any difference, for the worse, in the legs, or other problems that you did not expect related to the use of compression socks, it is best to talk to the doctor and ask for help.